The Peace Theory Creating your best life one breath at a time

This sentence is your heading

Monday, February 21, 2011

Temporarily Disconnected From the Matrix: Plugging in to Your Inner Outlet

On the verge of a "breakthrough," and the Universe forced me to reevaluate my modus operandi. I was working on a Guinness Book record in procrastination, looking up song lyrics, pictures, video game reviews, anything to avoid completing my graduate school applications. There's something to be said for teachable moments. The Universe has blessed me with many impromptu lessons. We are often given precognitive signals for our greater good. Sometimes we choose to ignore these signs in favor of an easier or more desirable course of action. But, more often, we are disconnected from our own intuition, that mix of wisdom and insight that fills our conscience. There's no wonder why so much of humanity feels like something is missing, something we have lost-or worse yet, given up.

Looking up from my keyboard in a near rage, I noticed my modem light change from a neon glowing green to a dull mustard yellow. It was as if the Universe itself was warning me to slow down and take a minute to reevaluate my motivation. I was forced into an involuntary separation from my personal Matrix, that part of life which requires that I disconnect from myself and plug in to technology. My productivity focused, efficiency minded self remains grateful for the twin efforts of my laptop and cell phone--keeping my life organized in single clicks. The other side of myself thirsts for the knowledge and connection that google and facebook can not give me. So, I invest in maintaining a connection to that which makes me human. My opinions, especially those that don't agree with popular opinion, make me human. My willingness to keep working with paper and pen when all servers are down, makes me human. My ability to tap into and appreciate human emotion defines my humanity.

When I now take a moment away from the technology of my computer for example, the disconnection is voluntary. I take that moment to reflect on how grateful I am for the humanity in me. I look around with my eyes, I take a stretch with my arms, and I literally use those few minutes to consider my own heartbeat. These simple actions require both a physical and mental connection to my Self-Hood and to the Universe around me. When we take these moments to plug into an alternate outlet, we work on making ourselves whole.

Our technology gives us amazing opportunities to interact with the world around us in ways that we could have only before imagined. In this way, our connection to technology has become as indispensable as our connection with ourselves. But, when our relationship to ourselves and others on a personal, emotional level starts taking an understudy role to our link with technology, it may well be time to slow down for a moment and plug-in to our inner outlet--for the sake of humanity.

Affordable and Sustainable ways to Unplug and Get Free


Unplug: Go for a Run (it's free)
Unplug: Practice Meditation (also free)
Unplug: Write a Poem (even more free)
Unplug: Write in your Peace Journal (can't get more free)
Unplug: Take a Spirit Journey (free yourself)
Unplug: Take a Bus Ride to Enhance your understanding of Humanity (not free, but affordable and sustainable)


And So It Is!

In Love & Peace☮,

1 comment:

  1. I love you mahri thank Ana Buckner she is the poetic spirit that lives in you.

    ReplyDelete