The Peace Theory Creating your best life one breath at a time

This sentence is your heading

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Against Proganda for Profit: Making Peace with our Personal Name Brand

Propaganda for Profit is not my thing. You won't find me representing the capitalistic gains of any unconscious celebrities by wearing their names on my behind. But, when I find something that is fun, funky, creative, and headed in the direction of bringing folks together, I don't mind buying in. We should all be conscious and mindful of the brands, products, and symbols that we represent. Wearing the name brand of a company that is undoubtedly connected to let's say, sweat shop production or unfair trade practicing, is a conscious decision that we make.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that clothes do not make a person and that many of us have to wear what we have or what we are given. I'm not saying that you should over-analyze every piece of clothing you wear. But, I am saying that if you are blessed enough to have a choice in what you represent, please take the time to think about how you are building up your personal name brand. Whether you are aware of it or not, your choices and your name are a marketable brand linked to your reputation. What do your choices and sacrifices in them say about you? I'm not just referring to what others think about you, but how your Personal Name Brand makes you feel. Ultimately, the most harmonious choices make us feel conscious, informed, and at peace. At the end of the day, we decide what we represent on our chests, our shoulders, or even on our behinds.  But, doing so with conviction brings us a sense of right, responsibility, and freedom.

With all of that said, I've been doing some research on a great new product  that recently came into my life. While browsing the freezer section of my local drug store for a cold drink, I stumbled upon Peace Tea. Now, don't think that I'm ready to try anything that says or claims to represent peace. However, I will concede that the words "peace" and "ceylon tea" drew me in for a preliminary taste. And may I say that this tea is fabulous! It's cool, refreshing, and affordable. Most importantly, the makers claim that the tea is all natural, preservative free, and helps to fund their free Peace Concerts. Check out their website for more information: Peace Tea



Let me know what you think! I am of the mind that it's impossible for every person to know everything. But, sharing our knowledge and wisdom with others makes us all more well informed. When we share and cast off selfish learning, we work for the greater purpose of universal peace and success!When the world around us shares in our efforts, it makes our personal goals towards peace more pleasant and easier to accomplish.

And So It is!

In Love & Peace☮,




Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment